Symphonic Band membership is by audition only. The group regularly performs at the Colorado Bandmasters Association State Concert Band Festival.
- ALL brass and woodwind students must own a metronome. A tuner app is great for use at home but you will not be allowed to have cell phones out during rehearsals.
- Percussion Students must provide their own mallets. These are very inexpensive compared to the cost of a wind instrument. If a specialty mallet is called for in the music, I will provide it for students, but students must furnish their own general/everyday mallets. Write your name on your sticks, keep them in a stick bag, and carry the bag with you at all times. DO NOT leave sticks or stick bags laying around in the percussion section or in the percussion cabinets. Required mallets:
- 1 pair of Concert Snare Sticks (General SD1 are fine. No plastic tips!)
- 3 pair of Yarn Mallets (Soft, Medium, Hard)
- 2 pair of Rubber Mallets (Soft, Hard)
- 1 pair of Timpani Mallets (General)
- Students should be preparing their honor band audition materials over the summer.